Wednesday, June 2, 2010

What's in the box? First-week-of-June edition.

Here's our box for this first week of June.  Wait, it's June?  I hadn't noticed!  It hasn't been above 85 degrees yet this year, here in brilliant Sacramento.  I guess I can't complain too much.  Soon it will almost be too hot to enjoy all our fabulous new patio furniture.  We're hoping to have a get-together this weekend (fingers crossed!) to break it all in.  I'm ruminating on the menu ...

Our box includes:

Asparagus
Sugar Snap Peas
Carrots
Strawberries
Lettuce
Red Spring Onions
New Potatoes

Here are some close-ups:

Lovely red onions.  This is the first time we are receiving the red kind since we stared our CSA!  I am giddy with excitement.
 And lovely new potatoes.  Wait until you see what I've got planned for these guys.
A more panoramic view of the spread:


Those sugar snap peas are going to be dinner tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment