Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What's in the box?

Here's what's in our box this week! I am SO excited about a couple of these ...
* Asparagus
* Strawberries
* Sugar Snap Peas
* Spring Onions
* Salad Mix
* Spinach
* Bok Choi

STRAWBERRIES! To die for. I just love strawberries when they are fresh and firm. I love them big, I love them small. I can even get on board with the pumped-up grocery store strawberries (shhh, don't tell the Organic Gods).

My tip for strawberries: wash them immediately prior to consuming, and dab them dry with a paper towel. If you wash and slice a few hours before eating, they will get wet, almost syrupy. It's not terribly gross, since it's strawberry liquid, but I prefer my strawberries to be totally intact and structurally sound, not oozing or (heaven forbid) slimy.

Here's the bok choi up close ... not sure quite yet what I plan to do with it.

Sugar snap peas:

Spring onions:

Looking forward to a healthful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment