Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What's in the box?

Here's our box for May 19 through May 25. 


  • Carrots
  • Strawberries
  • Chard
  • Lettuce
  • Spring Onions
  • Spinach
  • French breakfast radishes
  • Broccoli

 I am SO EXCITED to have broccoli back in my life!  We wolfed it down tonight - stay tuned for one of my new favorite recipes. 


 I've also got a great idea for the carrots.  We're getting our new patio furniture delivered this weekend, so I might be eating my carrots outside come Saturday. 


I wasn't expecting the lovely French breakfast radishes again this week, since our newsletter just identified "radishes."  But look what came home with us.  Pretty and pink!


Lovely strawberries.  We have had such mild weather this spring that I'm hoping we continue to get these for many weeks to come.


My Mother's Day present!  Surprise - there are two when I only expected one!  Cosmo gave me "Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone" by Deborah Madison, and Cooper gifted me with "How to Cook Everything Vegetarian" by Mark Bittman.  Okay, they did receive a little bit of help from the male member of our family who has opposable thumbs and a bank account.  I am chomping at the bit to dig into both of these - where to begin??

Here's to another week of healthy and happy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment